Features and Amenities:
- City: Florence
- Typology: Bed and Breakfast Boutique Hotel Manor Villa
- Land: 70 hectares - 172 acres
- Bedrooms: 16
- Bathrooms: 18
Description in Detail
Tenuta in Collina is a beautiful property located in the Tuscan countryside, more specifically, it is in the heart of Chianti. This historic estate provides guests elegance and tranquility which can be experienced immediately just entering the property. The property dates back to at least 10 centuries ago and even though it is very close to Florence, it remains a sanctuary from the active city life.
The property is enclosed by around 70 hectares of vineyards and olive groves which offer a truly Tuscan experience. The estate incorporates the charm of an ancient home alongside with exquisite amenities that create an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. The villa was created with breathtaking architecture, which is also typical of many renowned Tuscan cities. Many memorable events have taken place in the villa and many more will continue to take place there. There is room for a charming wedding of 200 guests or a cocktail party for 600 people. There are two spectacular banquet rooms that are perfect for creating picturesque memories. There are two gardens that offer a lot of outdoor area. The estate is also home to a chapel, a courtyard and a terrace which offers sensational views towards Florence.
The property has three main buildings. The first building is the primary structure used for the owners and the staff. The other two are residence buildings with their own personalities.
It was once used as a sight-seeing tower over Florence, then used as a convent and it has now been tastefully restored and renovated. It is just a short 10-minute walk through olive trees to reach the main property. This building has 5 independent residences that are situated around a mutually shared courtyard with views overlooking the real Tuscan treasure that is Florence.
Building One – Details
- 5 independent residences
- Communal terrace with swimming pool
- Private gardens and terraces
- Each villa has bedrooms for single or double occupancy with 2 twin beds, a queen or king sized bed and every villa has a laptop sized safe box
- Living rooms have a satellite TV and double sofa-bed
- Fully equipped kitchens with luxurious spa bathrooms
- Modern Tuscan interior design
- Air-conditioning and heating plus ceiling fans (comfort for any season of the year)
- Unlimited electricity/gas and WiFi
- Telephone and power outlets
- Washing machine and dryer
- House keeping and linen changes once a week
- Parking spaces for cars and bikes
This building is built beside the ancient villa. It has 5 private suites that share a kitchen, living room, dining room, and a private courtyard with a pool. The suites can accommodate up to 12 people.
Building Two – Details
- 5 suites from 20 m2 to about 30 m2 each with en suite bathrooms for single or double occupancy; all of them have two twin beds or one king sized bed
- Flat screen TV and laptop sized safe box
- Fully equipped kitchen and living room area with a flat screen TV and a double sofa bed
- Air conditioning and heating in each suite fully individually adjustable
- Unlimited electricity/gas plus WiFi
- Washer and dryer, iron and ironing board
- House keeping once a week with linen changes
- Sufficient parking space for cars and bikes
Wine and Oil Production
At Tenuta in Collina there are delectable wines and award-winning extra virgin olive oil which are held in one of the many ancient cellars. Savour the many delights that have been enjoyed for centuries at this estate. There are many wine tasting events as well as olive oil tasting events. The wine estate is prestigious for its Chianti, Toscano whites and reds plus a signature Bruzzico intense red.
Vineyards and Olive Groves
Nestled in the Chianti hills encircling Florence, Tenuta in Collina has a proud history of wine production. There are over 12,000 olive trees of four different olive varieties which combine to create the estate’s award winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The south facing slopes are home to the grape vines used for wine production. There are many wine tasting events and cooking classes that can be attended to fully absorb the Tuscan experience. Private tours are available of the ancient cellars and vineyards.
Treat and delight your palate to some of the world-renowned fresh and organic Tuscan food. La Via Dell’Orto is where one can taste the quality and authenticity of the flavour packed products which are created at the estate.