Features and Amenities:
- Location: Chianti Florence Tuscan Countryside
- City: Greve in Chianti
- Province: Florence
- Typology: Bed and Breakfast Country House Villa Winery
- Size: 1.000 m2 - 14,000 sqft
- Land: 21 ha - 51.900 acres
- Bedrooms: 16
- Bathrooms: 22
- Number of buildings: 4
- Condition: Move-in ready
- Private access road: Short gravel road right off the Via Chiantigiana
- Pool: Yes, with panoramic view over the hills
- Vineyard: 5 ha
- Garden: Yes
- Olive Groves (# of trees): 2 ha
- Heating: Yes
- Parking: External area used for parking
- Solar panels: No
- Water: Yes
- Extra features: Wine cellar inside an entirely stone-made room in the original Medieval tower
Villa Panorama is located only 20km from Florence, in the heart of the Chianti region.
The property measures circa 1.000m2 and is composed of a main villa, an old barn, an annex and an old stable that currently works as a sauna.
The estate consists of approximately 21 hectares (51.9 acres) of land and includes 5 hectares of vineyards, 2 hectares of olive groves and a lovely swimming pool.
The estate is cared with great detail and maintains the characteristics of a typical Tuscan country house with cotto floors and wooden beamed ceilings.
Energy Class G
Villa Panorama is located in the heart of the Chianti region near Greve in Chianti. The Chianti region is famous for its marvelous climate, historic wineries, art, landscape and food; and is no wonder why actors, musicians and VIPs have decided to buy homes in this area.
Greve in Chianti is a desirable location known as the “gateway” into the Chianti region. The town is famous for its piazza, which has been a market place since the Middle Ages. In the center of the piazza stands the bronze statue of explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano, who discovered New York Bay. At the top of the square stands the Church of Santa Croce, originally medieval and remodeled according to Renaissance Revival. The church displays a triptych depicting Madonna and Saints by Bicci di Lorenzo.
The Antica Macelleria Falorni http://www.falorni.it can be found in Greve and it is a historical butcher store that sells only typical products produced in Chianti. Other places to visit are Querciabella http://www.querciabella.com in Greve in Chianti, the Castello di Ama of Lecchi in Chianti http://www.castellodiama.com and Fontodi Winery in Panzano in Chianti http://www.fontodi.com which offer some of the best wines in the area.
Description in Detail
Villa Panorama is an impressive stone property located only 20km from Florence, in the heart of the Chianti region.
The estate measures an approximate total of 1.000m2 and is composed of the main villa, an old barn, an annex and an old stable. The property is cared for with great detail and maintains the characteristics of a typical Tuscan country house with cotto floors and wooden beamed ceilings.
The main villa measures approximately 600m2:
- The ground floor offers 3 B&B bedrooms, along with a large kitchen and living room.
- The first floor is divided into 4 independent apartments, each with private bathroom.
- The cantina is located within the original medieval tower, which forms part of the main villa. The cellar room is currently used for wine storage and wine tasting.
The old barn has recently been restored and consists of 2 apartments. Each apartment is well furnished and offers a private bathroom.
The old stable currently works as a sauna.
There is also another apartment that forms part of the complex and it is composed of one bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen. The property staff currently uses this apartment.
The terrain measures approximately 21 hectares (51.9 acres) and includes 5 hectares of vineyards, 2 hectares of olive groves, all of which are well maintained and in full production. The property also offers a lovely swimming pool.
Current State and Condition
The property is in very good, move-in ready condition.
The property is cared for with great detail and maintains the characteristics of a typical Tuscan country house with cotto floors and wooden beamed ceilings.
Land Registry Details
The property is in good standing and in compliance with local building and zoning regulations. When a sale is registered to a private individual, it is subject to a mortgage and/or cadastral registry fee, following the laws for that specific case/circumstance of the acquirer.
Utilities and Services
Utilities are all present.
The property is the perfect for those who want to manage a B&B business with wine and oil production, in the heart of the Chianti region.
- Ugolino Golf Club is a prestigious golf club located in a peaceful environment near the border of Chianti http://www.golfugolino.it/en;
- The Royal Golf La Bagnaia near Siena is an 18 hole golf course designed by architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. The course offers beautiful lakes and a majestic Club House http://www.royalgolflabagnaia.com/.
Annual Festival in the Area
- Chianti Classico Wine Festival on the second weekend of every September the town of Greve celebrates a big wine festival.
Florence city center is located only 30 minutes away offers the following activities:
- Scoppio del Carro every year on Easter Sunday, Florence celebrates the Scoppio del Carro, or the ‘Explosion of the Cart’. An old tradition where a wagon is pulled through the streets of Florence up to the main square between the Baptistery and Cathedral. The cart holds an arsenal of fireworks and a dove-shaped rocket (symbolising the Holy Spirit) that are set off. https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/explosion-of-the-cart-easter.html;
- Calcio Storico Fiorentino is a combination of soccer, rugby and wrestling. The sport was founded in the16th century and is played in historical costumes. The four teams representing the historical neighbourhoods of the city play every year on June 24, which is the feast day for Florence’s Patron, St. John the Baptist https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/calcio-storico-fiorentino.html;
- Florence Christmas Markets: the largest Christmas market in Florence takes place in Piazza Santa Croce, and begins at the end of November and ends a few days before Christmas. The market offers crafts, food products, small furniture and Christmas decorations http://www.xmas-markets.org/florence-christmas-markets/.
- Old Butcher Cecchini by Dario Cecchini is located in Panzano, and is a wonderful restaurant famous for the chef’s T-bone steak, his restaurant is a must for those staying in the area http://www.dariocecchini.com/dariocecchini/en/
- Enoteca Pinchiorri a 3 Michelin Star restaurant located in Florence and offers an elegant blend of modern design and a sophisticated menu http://enotecapinchiorri.it.;
- Il Palagio a 1 Michelin Star restaurant located at the Four Seasons Hotel Florence, owes its culinary excellence to executive chef Vito Mollica http://www.ilpalagioristorante.it.
- Villa Bordoni is a refined 5 Star hotel located in an 11th-century watchtower. It was voted, in 2006 and in 2007, one of the “Best New Hotels in the World” by Condé Nast Traveller http://www.villabordoni.com/;
- Castello Vicchiomaggio is a castle turned in to a luxury hotel http://www.vicchiomaggio.it/;
- The Four Seasons Hotel is a 5 star resort located in Florence, set in a former 16th-Century convent near Giardino della Gherardesca found close to all of the city’s attractions http://www.fourseasons.com/florence/;
- Westin Excelsior is located in an enchanting and historical building in piazza Ognissanti, in the heart of Florence. Here you will find one of the best views of the city http://www.westinflorence.com/;
- The St. Regis of Florence is set in a historic building, and offers a Michelin-star restaurant, Winter Garden by Caino, this 5-star hotel features luxury rooms with antique furnishings http://www.stregisflorence.com.