Features and Amenities:
- Location: Florence Tuscan Countryside
- City: Certaldo
- Province: Florence
- Typology: Bed and Breakfast Country House Villa
- Size: 1985 m2
- Land: 22 ha
- Bedrooms: 10+
- Bathrooms: 14+
- Number of buildings: 5
- Condition: Partially to restore
- Private access road: 200 mt
- Pool: 6x12
- Vineyard: 5 ha
- Garden: Yes, includes diverse fruit trees, forrest and hill slopes with great panoramic views
- Olive Groves (# of trees): 4ha - 3,000 trees
- Air conditioning: Partially. Some but not all bedrooms
- Heating: GPL and chimneys
- Parking: Exterior parking lot can fit up to 5+ cars
- Water: Public water supply in addition to a water well and modern rooftop water collecting system
- Extra features: Modern rooftop water collecting system
- Certaldo 7km
- San Casciano in Val di Pesa 11km
- Florence 38km
- Siena 50 Km
- Livorno 70km
- Viareggio 90km
- SP 1
This enormous and magnificent 12th century historic estate is only 38 km from the city of Florence, near Certaldo and San Casciano in Val di Pesa. It offers a total of 22ha of land, 5 independent buildings, 5 ha of vineyards, 4 ha of olive groves, forrest, hill slopes, a pool and spectacular panoramic views. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to invest in Tuscany and run a vacation rental and or wine and olive oil production business from home.
Tenuta Serena is huge 22 ha estate and contains two separate residential sections; both with a main villa and guesthouse. One of the two main villas is in perfect move in ready condition, meanwhile the other is partially to restore. Also included in the property is a small barn and a chapel. Together the 5 buildings offer a total of approximately 1,985 m2.
Tenuta Serena is 7km from Certaldo and 11km from San Casciano in Val di Pesa, both very picturesque and traditional tuscan towns with great restaurants and exclusive shops form the area.
Florence is just 38km and can be reached via the motorway Firenze – Siena.
Being conveniently located such a close distance from Florence opens up a world of things to do and places to visit. Walking through the center of Florence, everywhere you look you are surrounded by the Renaissance history of the city, home to artistic and architectural masterpieces. Among the most iconic places is the Cathedral – Il Duomo which was designed by Brunelleschi and Giotto, there is also Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery, where you can find on display works by excellent artists such as Botticelli and Leonardo da Vinci http://www.uffizi.com.
Hidden among these wonders of the Renaissance is also the Vinaino, which is world known (but only by word of mouth) local restaurant, where you can taste the culinary specialties of Tuscany combined with the lively atmosphere of the town center and it’s locals. Florence in particular, is a city always active and busy throughout the year from international tourism.
In Florence you can find any type of restaurant, from the most traditional to the most sophisticated. Another great one is the Enoteca Pinchiorri in via Ghibellina, which offers an elegant blend of contemporary design and Tuscan paintings of the nineteenth century, in addition to it’s sophisticated environment it also offers a very fine cuisine http://enotecapinchiorri.it.
Horse riding facilities, and tennis courts are also nearby, and there are infinite options if you are into running or mountain biking. For those who enjoy shopping, the most prestigious Luxury Outlet Mall in Italy; THE MALL (https://www.themall.it/en/outlet-italy/homepage.html) is located less than 1 hour away.
In about 30-40 minutes by car, you can reach instead the renowned area of Chianti: the whole area of Chianti in Tuscany is popular for the many wine tasting opportunities offered. Wine tastings have to be experienced, they are great opportunities to experience one of the most peculiar Tuscan aspect such as all its prestigious wines. Some suggestion on where to go for this are Castello di Ama in Lecchi in Chianti http://www.castellodiama.com, Fontodi Winery in Panzano in Chianti http://www.fontodi.com, in Greve in Chianti we suggest you to go to Querciabella http://www.querciabella.com and, last but not least, in San Casciano in Val di Pesa there is the famous and renowned Cantina Antinori http://antinorichianticlassico.it/en.
Description in Detail
This enormous and magnificent 12th century historic estate is only 38 km from the city of Florence near Certaldo and San Casciano in Val di Pesa. It offers a total of 22ha of land, 5 independent buildings, 5 ha of vineyards, 4 ha of olive groves, forrest, hill slopes, a pool and spectacular panoramic views. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to invest in Tuscany and run a vacation rental and or wine and olive oil production business from home.
Tenuta Serena is a huge 22 ha estate and contains two separate residential sections; both with a main villa and guesthouse. One of the two main villas is in perfect move in ready condition, meanwhile the other is partially to restore. Also included in the property is a small barn and a chapel. Together the 5 buildings offer a total of approximately 1985 m2.
1st residential section is distributed as follows:
A main Villa which measures about 325 m2 is distributed on 2 floors and is divided into 7 apartments offering a total of 8 bedrooms. Included is an outbuilding/barn of about 160 m2 which has been turned into an independent apartment building offering 4 bedrooms and is now rented out for short periods of time. This section of the entire 22 ha estate is also where you can find the pool which measures 6×12 and also the best panoramic views. These 2 buildings are in perfect move in ready condition and include high quality finishings.
2nd residential section is distributed as follows:
The main villa is distributed on 2 floors and measures about 1,500 m2. It is almost entirely to renovate, except for an independent apartment where one of the owners currently lives. includes a an annex adjacent to the main villa and also a small chapel. This Villa is a wonderful and huge structure that just needs to be renovated internally. It has great potential and offers 10+ bedrooms. Already includes 6 fully functioning bathrooms with the potential to add more.
The residential sections measure about 11ha each and on the property there are 4 hectares of olive grove with about 3,000 trees and 5 hectares of vineyards currently not in production but can be re-planted.
The pool was built in the mid-90s and measures about 6×12 meters. Also includes a modern system of collecting water from the roof in addition to a water well and the normal public water supply.
Current State and Condition
One of the two main villas is in perfect move in ready condition, meanwhile the other is partially to restore.
Land Registry Details
The property is in good standing and in compliance with local building and zoning regulations. When a sale is registered to a private individual, it is subject to a mortgage and/or cadastral registry fee, following the laws for that specific case/circumstance of the acquirer.
Utilities and Services
Utilities are all present.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to invest in Tuscany and run a vacation rental and or wine and olive oil production business from home.
- Certaldo 7km
- San Casciano in Val di Pesa 11km
- Florence 38km
- Siena 50 Km
- Livorno 70km
- Viareggio 90km
- SP 1
Annual Festival in the Area
- THE CAVALCADE OF THE MAGI – In Christianity, January 6 is the feast of the Epiphany (the 12th day of Christmas) and churches celebrate with the Adoration of the Magi. In Florence, the celebration involves a big parade in magnificent costumes that evoke the arrival of the three Wise Men to the little town of Bethlehem in search of the Messiah. https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/cavalcade-magi.html
- SCOPPIO DEL CARRO – On Easter Sunday, every year, Florence celebrates the religious holiday with the Scoppio del Carro, or the “Explosion of the Cart”. An old tradition where an elaborate wagon is pulled through the streets of Florence up to the square between the Baptistry and Cathedral. The cart has a suitable arsenal of fireworks, and a dove-shaped rocket (symbolising the Holy Spirit) which sets off a ferocious dance of fire as it explodes. In the old tradition, a big bang meant a good harvest. https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/explosion-of-the-cart-easter.html
- THE CALCIO STORICO FIORENTINO – The Calcio Storico Fiorentino is a combination of soccer, rugby and wrestling. Originated in the16th century and still played yearly Florence in historical costumes. The four teams representing the historical neighborhoods of the city play against each other on June 24 which is Florence’s patron saint’s feast day for St. John the Baptist. https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/calcio-storico-fiorentino.html
- FLORENCE CHRISTIMAS MARKETS – Many Christmas markets take place in Florence in the weeks before Christmas (especially during the weekends). The biggest Christmas market in Florence is located in Piazza Santa Croce, and generally lasts from the end of November to the last days before Christmas. It draws on the tradition of German markets, with the typical small wooden houses, and offers different items from crafts to food products, small furniture and Christmas decorations. http://www.xmas-markets.org/florence-christmas-markets/
- One of which is Enoteca Pinchiorri (3 Michelin Stars) in via Ghibellina, which offers an elegant blend of contemporary design and Tuscan paintings of the nineteenth century, in addition to it’s sophisticated environment it also offers a very fine cuisine http://enotecapinchiorri.it.
- Nestled between the Renaissance wonders, is Il Vinaino, the local restaurant most reviewed by the world, where you can enjoy typical Tuscan goodness and the lively atmosphere of the streets of downtown. Florence in particular, is a city always active and busy all year with international tourists.
- Il Palagio (1 Michelin Star) at Florence’s luxurious Four Seasons Hotel, owes its culinary excellence to executive chef Vito Mollica. Mollica stands firm to the belief that fine dining comes from “knowing the man behind the producer”, something that the chef became acquainted with as a young boy, watching his mother cook in the kitchen of their southern Italian home. http://www.ilpalagioristorante.it
- The Four Seasons Hotel, Firenze is set in a former 16th-Century convent near Giardino della Gherardesca, one the oldest, largest and most elegant Florentine gardens in the city. It is close to the best things the city of Florence has to offer while enjoying the rest and relaxation of a modern urban resort at five-star hotel. http://www.fourseasons.com/florence/
- The Westin Excelsior (http://www.westinflorence.com) is located in an enchanting and historical building in piazza Ognissanti, in the heart of Florence. Here you will find one of the best views of the city in a contemporary roof top garden with 360-degree views and with a bar and a well known fine dining Michelin-star restaurant; Sesto on Arno (http://www.sestoonarno.com).
- Set along the Arno River with stunning views of the Ponte Vecchio, The St. Regis Florence is set in a historic building, and offers a Michelin-star restaurant named Winter Garden by Caino, this 5-star hotel features a spa and gym, and luxury rooms with antique furnishings. http://www.stregisflorence.com
- LE BACCANTI TOURS – This is an excellent private horseback ride for riders of all experience levels, and is located within 30 minutes driving time from Florence. Your English-speaking expert guide will take you off the beaten track, into the Tuscan countryside via side roads, and historic trails as they pass through olive groves and vineyards in the heart of Chianti. http://www.lebaccanti.com/en/tour/Horse-Riding-near-Florence/