Features and Amenities:
- Location: Lucca Tuscan Countryside
- City: Lucca
- Province: Lucca
- Typology: Bed and Breakfast Country House Villa Winery
- Size: 2,350 m2 - 25,295 sqft
- Land: 21 ha - 52 acres
- Bedrooms: 18
- Bathrooms: 15
- Number of buildings: 6
- Condition: Very good condition; vineyards and olive groves in full production
- Private access road: Short stretch of both paved and white road from the main road
- Pool: 2 pools
- Vineyard: 7 hectares
- Garden: Yes
- Olive Groves (# of trees): 10 hectares
- Heating: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Water: Yes
- Extra features: 2 cellars, restaurant, wine shop
Prestigious agricultural estate for sale in Tuscany – Relais Shiraz is a large and beautiful property consisting of 6 buildings dating back to the XVI-XVIII century that together employ more than 2,000 m2.
It is located amidst the rolling hills just minutes from the historic center of Lucca, 30 minutes from Pisa and one hour from Florence. There are a total of 7 apartments distributed between the main building and other buildings, as well as a reception, a tavern for outdoor dining can accommodate up to 50 people, a restaurant, and two wine cellars.
The estate is spread over about 21 hectares of land, from which 7 ha are used for the vineyards and 10 for the olive trees.
The vineyard and olive groves are facing south and thanks to their geographical exposure produce DOC and IGT wines, and extra virgin olive oil with strong full flavors, and are also exported to many countries worldwide.
The property also has 7 apartments and 2 swimming pools, which are worked as vacation rentals.
Energetic Class G
The property is located on the countryside, northeast of Lucca and is only 15km from the city center. The city of Lucca is where once the Florentine noble families used to spend their summers in the mansions that are still there today as evidence.
Lucca is without a doubt one of the richest Italian cities in history and charm. It is centrally located and well served by motorways, which make it an ideal place to live. Lucca is also called the ‘city of 100 churches’ and is famous for its ancient walls, which completely surround the historical center.
The location is strategic: in fact Lucca is one of the most attractive cities to live in due to its proximity to the most frequented destinations in Tuscany: the Tuscan coast/beaches in Versilia which is just 15 km away and Florence city which is just an 1-hour drive. Lucca is also very easily accessible, the Pisa airport is 30 minutes drive away and Florence airport is only 45 minutes.
Few people know, but in Lucca is one of Steve Job’s favorite restaurants: http://www.ristorantebutterfly.it/index.php. In the city center you can also dine in the Lucca Center of Contemporary Art at the famous Michelin star restaurant ‘The funnel’ http://www.limbuto.it. In summer you can get involved by the high energy of the magical music of rock bans like Motörhead at the http://www.summer-festival.com and for comics fans around the world the Lucca Comics museum is a must see! http://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/it / lcg / home /.
Description in Detail
The property consists of 5 neighboring buildings, one of which is larger than 800 m2, plus a separate unit located about 500 meters from the complex, for a total of 2,350 m2. The central part of the property dates back to 1400, while the rest was built between the sixteenth and the eighteenth century.
– The main body of the property consists of 2 apartments for guests, one guest apartment, 1 apartment for the caretaker, the reception and a large cellar for bottling and aging wine. It occupies a total of about 887 m2. The guesthouse and caretaker’s apartment both have a bedroom and a bathroom.
The two guest apartments, one can accommodate up to 6 people, has 1 double bedroom + 2 double, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, a covered patio with a barbecue and a living area with floor to ceiling windows where you can comfortably relax on the sofas looking at the sky. The other apartment sleeps 4 people, has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen with fireplace and, again, an outdoor patio with barbecue.
– In another building of about 457 m2 are another 2 apartments, one for 6 people and one for 4. The apt. for 6 people is distributed on two floors, the ground floor is the kitchen with dining room, while the first floor there is 1 double bedroom and 2 other very bright double bedrooms, as well as 2 bathrooms. The apt. for 4 people is also distributed on two floors, has a living area with kitchen and dining room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
– What was the old barn is now dedicated to catering and here you find the wine shop, restaurant and another cellar.
– In the last building of about 192 m2 with two levels, is the office / reception and wine tasting room.
– 500 meters away, there is a separate house from the XVII century, distributed on two floors of approximately 507 m2, which enjoys absolute privacy and its own private pool. It can accommodate up to 12 people.
On the ground floor there is the kitchen and dining room with fireplace, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. On the first floor there are 2 living rooms with a fireplace, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and on the second floor there are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a large living room.
Outside you can enjoy a veranda, a table tennis table and a relaxation area. This villa has its own private pool, but the rest of the apartments can still take advantage of the other main pool at the complex.
The land belonging to the property is spread over about 21 hectares, 7 of which are devoted to wine production, while 10 hectares are olive groves. The average annual production of wine is around 40,000 bottles, while producing about 2,500 liters of oil per year. The vineyards and olive groves are facing south and thanks to their exposure produce excellent DOC and IGT wines as well as extra virgin olive oil, rich in flavour and which are exported worldwide.
Current State and Condition
The farm is under organic and biodynamic management and is in good condition.
Land Registry Details
The property is in good standing and in compliance with local building and zoning regulations. When a sale is registered to a private individual, it is subject to a mortgage and/or cadastral registry fee, following the laws for that specific case/circumstance of the acquirer.
Utilities and Services
Utilities are all present.
The property represents the perfect investment for who wants to run a working and productive winery and organic/biodynamic farm with agriturismo that currently generates a very good income.