Features and Amenities:
- Location: Florence Tuscan Countryside
- City: Florence
- Province: Florence
- Typology: Manor Noble Villa Villa
- Size: 2.000 mq - 21,527 sqft
- Land: 100 hectares - 247 acres
- Bedrooms: 16
- Bathrooms: 14
- Number of buildings: 2
- Condition: Excellent
- Private access road: Long cypress tree-lined private access road
- Pool: Yes, infinity pool with gorgeous panoramic views
- Garden: Spacious and enchanting Italian gardens
- Olive Groves (# of trees): Yes
- Air conditioning: Yes
- Heating: Yes
- Parking: Exterior car park
- Solar panels: No
- Water: Yes
- Extra features: 100 hectare estate includes private lake and formal Italian gardens
Villa Gaia is a property that radiates elegance, and is located very close to Florence city centre and the Chianti region. The estate measures approximately 100 hectares and includes lavish gardens, olive groves, a lake and an enchanting swimming pool. This exclusive property is composed of a majestic, main villa and a second building divided into two apartments, both offering a total of 16 bedrooms and 14 bathrooms.
Energy Class G
Villa Gaia is found a short distance from Florence city-centre, and offers the tranquility of the countryside, yet remains close to all the necessary communication lines.
Florence is known as the cradle of the Renaissance and is home to artistic and architectural masterpieces. Among the most iconic places to visit are: Il Duomo di Santa Maria del Fiore, designed by Brunelleschi and Giotto, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery, where you can find on exhibition, works of art by Botticelli and Leonardo da Vinci.
The Chianti region is where one can experience some of the most prestigious wines of Tuscany. The Castello di Ama of Lecchi in Chianti, Fontodi Winery in Panzano in Chianti, and Querciabella in Greve in Chianti offer some of the best wines in the area.
Description in Detail
Villa Gaia is a property that radiates elegance, and is located very close to Florence city centre and the Chianti region. The estate measures approximately 100 hectares and includes a cypress tree-lined private access road, lavish Italian gardens, olive groves, a lake and an enchanting swimming pool.
This exclusive property is composed of a majestic, main villa and a second building divided into two apartments, measuring approximately 2.000mq.
The villa was built in the late 19th century and designed by a famous Florentine architect.
- The ground floor accommodates a grand entrance hall, a formal reception area along with large windows that create a luminous and enchanting environment.
- The first floor offers a formal dining room, a grand kitchen, along with a media room and a music room.
- The second floor consists of two reception rooms and six, luxury bedroom suites. The suites are exquisitely furnished and include incredible views over the surrounding landscape. This floor also includes a mezzanine, where the staff quarters can be found.
- The third floor accommodates four other luxurious bedrooms and three bathrooms.
The second building is comprised of two separate apartments, perfect for accommodating guests or staff. This building also includes an underground wine cellar.
Current State and Condition
The property is in excellent condition, equipped with all modern amenities and appliances.
Land Registry Details
The property is in good standing and in compliance with local building and zoning regulations. When a sale is registered to a private individual, it is subject to a mortgage and/or cadastral registry fee, following the laws for that specific case/circumstance of the acquirer.
Utilities and Services
In addition to the services described above, utilities are all present: electricity, and a water supply through a connection to the public water supply system.
The property is a perfect solution to be experienced as a first or second home and/or to be promoted internationally for tourist rental.
- Ugolino Golf Club is a prestigious golf club located in a peaceful environment near the border of Chianti http://www.golfugolino.it/en;
- Golf and Country Club Le Pavoniere is located North-West of Florence and it is famous for its 18-hole golf course designed by the world famous player Arnold Palmer http://www.pavoniere.it/?lang=en.
Annual Festival in the Area
- The Cavalcade of the Magi: during the Feast of the Epiphany (the 12th day of Christmas) local churches celebrate the Adoration of the Magi. In Florence, the celebration involves a parade in magnificent costumes that evokes the arrival of the Three Wise Men to the town of Bethlehem in search of the Messiah https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/cavalcade-magi.html;
- Scoppio del Carro every year on Easter Sunday, Florence celebrates the Scoppio del Carro, or the ‘Explosion of the Cart’. An old tradition where a wagon is pulled through the streets of Florence up to the main square between the Baptistery and Cathedral. The cart holds an arsenal of fireworks and a dove-shaped rocket (symbolizing the Holy Spirit) https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/explosion-of-the-cart-easter.html;
- Calcio Storico Fiorentino is a combination of soccer, rugby and wrestling. The sport was founded in the 16th century and is played in historical costumes. The four teams representing the historical neighbourhoods of the city play every year on June 24, the feast day for Florence’s Patron, St. John the Baptist https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/calcio-storico-fiorentino.html;
- Enoteca Pinchiorri is a 3 Michelin Star restaurant located in via Ghibellina and offers an elegant blend of modern design and a sophisticated menu http://enotecapinchiorri.it.;
- Il Palagio a 1 Michelin Star restaurant located at the Four Seasons Hotel, owes its culinary excellence to executive chef Vito Mollica http://www.ilpalagioristorante.it;
- Arnolfo, a Michelin star restaurant located in Siena offers a gourmet menu and wonderful wines http://www.arnolfo.com/en/.
- The Four Seasons Hotel is a 5 star resort located in Florence, set in a former 16th-Century convent near Giardino della Gherardesca found close to all of the city’s attractions http://www.fourseasons.com/florence/;
- Westin Excelsior is located in an enchanting building in piazza Ognissanti, in the heart of Florence http://www.westinflorence.com/;
- Castel Monastero, is a beautiful luxury hotel and resort in Siena with two famous restaurants hosted by Chef Gordon Ramsay http://www.castelmonastero.com/it/home.