Features and Amenities:
- Location: Chianti Florence Tuscan Countryside
- City: Panzano in Chianti
- Province: Florence
- Typology: Country House Villa Winery
- Size: 1800 mq - 19.375 sqft
- Land: 43 hectares - 106 acres
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bathrooms: 6
- Number of buildings: 3
- Condition: Move-in ready
- Private access road: About 3km of white road, narrow but easily accessible
- Pool: No
- Vineyard: 10 hectares
- Garden: Yes, surrounding the property
- Olive Groves (# of trees): 300/320 trees of about 40 years of age
- Heating: Yes
- Parking: External area used for parking
- Solar panels: No
- Water: Yes
- Extra features: Completely organic
Historical Winery is an estate that covers more than 40 hectares and includes a historical villa, a cellar used for wine production and preservation, an annex for storage, vineyards, olive groves, beautiful gardens and woods. The estate is located in front of what used to be a jail during the time of the Medici family, used to incarcerate soldiers fighting during the battles of the Republic of Florence-Siena. The property covers an area of more than 40 hectares, including vineyards, olive groves, beautiful gardens and woods. The main villa measures approximately 400 mq and is distributed on two levels.
Energy Class G
Description in Detail
Historical Winery is an estate that covers more than 40 hectares and includes a historical villa, a cellar used for wine production and preservation, an annex for storage, vineyards, olive groves, beautiful gardens and woods. The estate is located in front of what used to be a jail during the time of the Medici family, used to incarcerate soldiers fighting during the battles of the Republic of Florence-Siena. The main villa measures approximately 400 mq and is distributed on two levels as follows:
– On the ground floor, upon entering the villa you will find a lobby area featuring a wall-to-wall library. Further in, towards the left you will find a corridor, which provides access to the 3 bedrooms. The master bedroom features an en-suite bathroom with a big tub and windows facing the vineyards. The other 2 bedrooms share a big centralized bathroom.
At the end of the corridor you will find stairs leading down a sub level to an apartment, which also has a private entrance on the other side of the building. The apartment includes kitchen and bathroom.
– Across the entrance lobby, and towards the right is the stairs leading to the second floor where you will find a large living room with huge windows facing the vineyards, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony featuring a staircase to the roof top where you will find a 10 person Jacuzzi on the roof with an amazing panoramic view of the Tuscan hills.
Adjacent to the main villa, is the cellar, which measures approximately 800 mq and is used for the production and reservation of the wines. On the second floor is another apartment currently used as studio, featuring 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. On the right side of the cellar is the connecting annex used for storage and to harvest equipment.
The vineyards extend over 10 hectares, while the amount of olive groves are 300 to 320 trees of about 40 years of age. The wines produced are of excellent award winning quality, mostly Chianti Classico and IGT Super Tuscan, in addition to the production of a fine Vin Santo.
The entire farm is completely organic and their use of only natural fertilizers, not only benefits the wine and oil production, but also the production of fine honey from their bees.
Annual production in 2015 has been approximately 330 quintals, but with production at its best it tends to increase to 420/450 quintals.
0,8 hectares of new vineyards have recently been built. Vines face towards south/south-east, so the exposure to the sun is ideal to obtain the best production. The cellar is gifted with oak barrels, French barriques and cement vats for fermentation, other than the vinsantaia, all used for the production and the aging of the wines. At Historical Winery, vinification systems deeply respect the local wine making tradition, using at the same time the most advanced techniques.