Features and Amenities:
- Location: Florence , Tuscan Countryside
- Typology: Country House
- Condition: To renovate to own taste and purpose
- Size: 530 m2 (Mill 320 m2, Stone Country House 120 m2, Rural Annex 90 m2)
- Land: 1 ha - 2.5 acres
- Bedrooms: 6+
- Bathrooms: 5
- Number of buildings: 3
- Garden: Yes
- Pool: No, but possible to add
- Olive Grove: Yes, about 500 olive trees
- Parking: Yes, ample outdoor parking
- Extra features: Panoramic terraces, unique fireplaces, ancient roman artifacts, mullioned windows, iron window frames, lemon house, two stone wells
- Fiesole 6 km
- Florence 10 km
- Siena 86 km
- Beaches and Lakes:
- Livorno 100 km
- Forte dei Marmi 115 km
- Viareggio 105 km
- Firenze Airport 16 km
- Pisa Airport 90 km
- A1 Autostrada del Sole
- City: Fiesole
- Province: Florence
Antico Mulino is comfortably located at a 20-minute drive from Florence it has the charm of a unique country home with city vicinity. The property is nestled into the picturesque Florentine hills allowing you to enjoy the beauties of the countryside without needing to give up the convenience of being close to Florence.
Description in Detail
Antico Mulino, a unique property filled to the brim with original features. This historical Antico Mulino was an original watermill built in the 11th century. Its original features have been carefully preserved over the years and precious materials and finishes were added over the years. Its previous owners have collected and incorporated a significant amount of ancient Roman artifacts in the property. Adding to its unique historical elegance. Located at the end of a country road close to a lovely hamlet, it enjoys complete privacy however is not isolated. Surrounded by the glowing parkland with olive groves typical of the countryside around Fiesole. With a mere 15-minute drive to the panoramic Etruscan city of Fiesole, it has an excellent vicinity to the city of Florence.
The estate needs renovation and modernization works allowing for ample potential in its future use. It comprised of the mill, an independent stone farmhouse, and an agricultural annex.
The mill (320m2)
The main building of the property is the ancient watermill with an independent apartment in the tower overlooking the valley. The property has various entrances and some parts of the building can easily be made independent to host guests in various accommodations. The property has seven unique fireplaces that were used historically to heat the property. It has typical Tuscan features such as terracotta flooring, wooden beamed ceilings, arched windows, mullioned windows, and unique artisanal iron window frames. Besides the official bathrooms, many rooms have original historic washbasins either in pietra serena or marble.
- Ground floor: A spacious kitchen with a large fireplace, small family room, a large luminous dining room with large round windows overlooking the garden, a sitting room, a hallway with a bathroom and a bedroom/studio overlooking the patio and garden
- First floor: One double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and one large master suite with saloon, closet room and spacious bathroom
- First/second floor: two highly luminous rooms that can be made into independent guest accommodation, with large panoramic windows and a balcony overlooking the garden.
- The tower: A corridor separates the tower located on a higher terrace in the garden. This part also has an independent entrance from outside and inside the main house and consists of two rooms connected by a winding staircase and a large separate bathroom.
The stone farmhouse (120 m2)
On the opposite side of the garden, there is a small stone farmhouse which is located on a lower terrace therefore only its top floor is visible from the main building. This lovely cottage style farmhouse enjoys privacy and independence with a separate entrance and patio for outside dining and relaxation. The patio looks like a little harbor as it borders a small creek that flows in the cooler months. Here we also find a large covered lemon house area that can be restored and repurposed.
- Ground floor: Open space illuminated by a magnificent glass wall with artisanal iron window frames, small bathroom, ancient washing basin, kitchen with a fireplace and wood oven.
- First floor: Two conjoined rooms with large windows overlooking the surrounding countryside and the garden.
The estate is completed by 1 ha of land which includes the garden around the main property and a terraced piece of land with olive trees. Here we find a 90 m2 rural annex with glass windows that can be transformed into a spa, gym, yoga room, or art gallery. The patch of grass in front of the rural annex would be the ideal spot to install a swimming pool. A part of the annex could then serve as a changing room.
Antico Mulino is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for a one-of-a-kind historical property to renovate to taste and purpose. It has the space and layout to be used as an enjoyable first or second home with guest accommodations or can partially be rented out. Comfortably located at a 20-minute drive from Florence it has the charm of a unique country home with city vicinity.
Current State and Condition
The property needs restoration and updating work.
Land Registry Details
The property is owned by a private individual, in the case of purchase it is subjected to the registration tax of 9% on the cadastral value.
Antico Mulino is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for a one-of-a-kind historical property to renovate to taste and purpose. It has plenty of space to be used as an enjoyable primary or as a vacation/secondary home with guest accommodations or it can partially be rented out.